|his article is written at a definitional level only. Authors wishing to expand this entry are inivited to expand the present treatment, which additions will be peer reviewed prior to publication of any expansion.|
. The primary scientific objectives are:
- Understanding the interactions between the Arctic Ocean circulation, ice cover and the hydrological cycle;
- Initiating long–term climate research and monitoring programs for the Arctic; and
- Providing a scientific basis for an accurate representation
- of Arctic processes in global climate models.
The components of ACSYS include:
- Arctic Ocean Circulation Program;
- Arctic Sea–Ice Program;
- Arctic Atmosphere Program;
- Hydrological Cycle in the Arctic Region;
- ACSYS Modeling Program; and
- Data Management and Information.