The Dashboard is a tool which allows you to see the status of articles which you have either contributed to or have editorial responsibility for. The following explains the basic functions of the Dashboard. Please direct questions to Ida Kubiszewski.
Three Different Views
The views can be found at the top of the page right below where it says "EoE Dashboard for user: username". The three views are:
- Needs Review: These are the items that need your immediate attention. For Topic Editors this includes articles for which the author has requested a review, but which do not have a topic editor yet.
- In Progress: Articles that are being currently worked on, which include unpublished articles and those revised since they were approved.
- All: All articles that have your name associated with them.
The Five Categories
Depending whether you are an Author or Topic Editor, or what contributions you have made on the wiki, you will see one or more of the following categories:
- You are a Topic Editor for these articles: a list which shows Topic Editors all the articles which they are Topic Editors for.
- You are a Potential Topic Editor for these articles: a list of all the articles within the Topic Editor's topic area which don't currently have a Topic Editor assigned to them.
- You are a Lead Author for these articles: a list of articles on which you are a Lead Author.
- You are a Contributing Author for these articles: a list of articles on which you are a Contributing Author.
- You are a Copyeditor for these articles: a list of articles on which you are a copyeditor.
The Four Columns
- Last Event: This column shows you the status of an article.
- Age: This column states how long it has been since any change has been made to the article.
- Actions: This allows you to choose which page related to that article is to be viewed.
- Article: This states which article you are looking at. If the article title is a link, that means it has been published, and the link will take you to the article on the public site.
The first column, Last Event, tells you the status of an article. There are four different status categories:
- Review Requested: This status is visible when an author places a request for their article to be reviewed by one of the article's topic editors. Authors may put a "Review Requested" status by selecting the 'Request Review' option in the Actions column dropdown menu. This status changes when an article is approved.
- New Article in Progress: This status is visible when an article, which has never been previously published, is being worked on.
- Published Article in Revision: This status is visible when a previously approved article has been edited since its last approval.
- Published Article - Unchanged: This status is visible when an article that has been previously approved and published has not undergone revision since its publication.
There are multiple actions possible from the Dashboard, some of which take you to various pages on the Author's wiki:
- Request Review: Changes the status of the article to "Review Requested" and notifies the Topic Editor(s).
- Draft: Takes you to the draft version of the article on the author's wiki.
- Public View: Takes you to the public view version of the article on the author's wiki (option only available after article has been published).
- Version Diff: Shows you the differences in an article relative to the last approved version (option only available on articles which have been previously published and have had changes made to them since that time).
- Metadata: Takes you to the metadata page on the author's wiki. This page allows you to edit the contributor(s) and topic(s) of that article.
- History: Takes you to the history of changes made to that article.
- Talk Page: Takes you to a page where you can make comments on and and discuss an article with other contributors.
- Emailing List: Takes you to a page where you can find the email address of any Topic Editor or Author in the EoE.