Weather and climate basics
- Weather and climate basics, National Center for Atmospheric Research
- The basics of climate prediction, Oxford University
- Global warming basics, The Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- Facts and fictions about climate change, The Royal Society, Oxford
- Climate Change, the BBC Weather Centre, London
- Climate Literacy: Essential Principles and Fundamental Concepts, Climate Literacy Network, Boulder
- Weather and Climate Extremes in a Changing Climate, U.S. Climate Change Science Program, Washington
- Global Climate Change: NASA’s Eyes on the Earth, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
- Climate Change Effects: Vector-borne and Zoonotic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
- RealClimate.org — Run by serious climate scientists, this is probably the best one out there
- Dot Earth — by Andrew Revkin of the New York Times.
- The Oil Drum — A widely read, free-ranging discussion on energy and related matters.
- ClimatePolicy — An American Meteorological Society Project.
- Climate ChangeS — A selection of the most recent work on the economics of climate change.
- Yale Forum on Climate Change and the Media — an online publication and forum to foster dialogue on climate change among scientists, journalists, policymakers, and the public.
Art and Imagery
- Global Warming Art — An extensive library of graphs, drawings and images related to all aspects of climate change by Robert Rohde at UC/Berkeley.
How to Respond to Climate Change Skeptics
- How to Talk to a Global Warming Skeptic, by Coby Beck at Grist.
- Climate Change: A Guide for the Perplexed, by Michael Le Page at New Scientist.
- Responses to common contrarian arguments, Real Climate.org.
- Thriller State of Fear: Separating Fact from Fiction, by Michael Crichton, Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Fleming, James R., Climate Change and Anthropogenic Greenhouse Warming: A Selection of Key Articles, 1824-1995, with Interpretive Essays, NSDL Wiki, Accessed 2 June 2008.
- Fleming, James R. 1998. Historical Perspectives on Climate Change, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Fleming, James R. 2007. The Callendar Effect: The Life and Times of Guy Stewart Callendar (1898-1964), the Scientist Who Established the Carbon Dioxide Theory of Climate Change, American Meteorological Society, Washington, D.C.
- Weart, Spencer. 2003. The Discovery of Global Warming, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Weart, Spencer, The Discovery of Global Warming, hosted by the American Institute of Physics.
Popular Science and Policy
- Dessler, Andrew E. and Edward A. Parson. 2006. The Science and Politics of Climate Change: A Guide to the Debate, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Turney, Chris. 2008. Ice, Mud and Blood:, Lessons from Climates Past, Palgrave Macmillan, London.
- The Earth Institute at Columbia University,
- The Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming, U.S. House of Representatives
Professional societies and organizations
- World Meteorological Society, Geneva
- Met Office Hadley Centre, Exeter
- American Meteorological Society, Washington
- American Geophysical Union
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Melbourne
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Climate Change and Human Health, World Health Organization, Geneva
- International Commission on History of Meteorology
Climate modeling centers
- Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre (BMRC), Melbourne
- Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis (CCCma), Victoria
- Centre for Global Atmospheric Modelling (CGAM)
- CSIRO Atmospheric Research, Melbourne
- Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) (German Climate Research Centre), Hamburg
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), Princeton
- NASA Goddard Insitute for Space Studies (GISS) Research, New York
- NERC Centres for Atmospheric Science (NCAS)
- Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique du CNRS (LMD), Paris
- Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI), Hamburg
- MIT Center for Global Change Science Climate Modeling Initiative
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Climate and Global Dynamics Division, Boulder
- UK universities Global Atmospheric Modelling Programme (UGAMP)
- Climate Research Center, University of New Hampshire
- Global Environmental and Climate Change Centre (GEC3), McGill University
- Cooperative Institute for Climate Applications and Research Earth Institute at Columbia University, New York
- AMIP (Atmospheric Model Intercomparison Project)
- CLIVAR (Climate Variability and Predictability)
- CMIP (Coupled Model Intercomparison Project)
- EuroCLIVAR (an EC-funded project supporting CLIVAR in Europe)
- OCMIP (Ocean Carbon Cycle Model Intercomparison Project)
- PCMDI (Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison), Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Climate and Vegetation Group, Boston University, Boston
Climate data centers
- British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC)
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC), Oak Ridge
- Climate Diagnostics Center (NOAA-CIRES CDC), Boulder (source of NCEP/NCAR reanalyses and COADS)
- Climate Impacts LINK project at the Climatic Research Unit, UEA
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Data Distribution Centre (IPCC DDC)
- US National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC), Boulder
- US National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), Asheville
- World Data Center for Climate (WDCC), Hamburg
- Climate Choices
- Prevent Climate Change
- Climate Solutions
- UNT Climate Change Power Point
- Global Warming Solutions, Union of Concerned Scientists, USA
- Now or Never