So you want to be involved in the EoE? Here's how to do it in four easy steps:
1. Become a Contributor by clicking on the ‘Become an EoE Author’ button. Fill out the form. You’ll hear from us shortly.
2. Create your username and profile by clicking on your name in the top right of any EoE page. Then click the Extended Profile tab. Upload an image by clicking the Browse button next to the image field. Scroll down and add a short bio in the “a few words about me” text box.
3. Create Your Article by logging in and clicking the Create Article in the right sidebar on the homepage. Fill out the form and click Submit (Warning: this only saves the article, it does not send it)
4. The Publishing Process will begin when you click the “Request Review” button at the top of your article. Only do this once you feel your article is ready to be reviewed. You will be automatically notified when the article is Published. You should check My Messages periodically to see if the Topic Editor has sent you any revision requests.
By contributing to the Encyclopedia of Earth:
1. You are submitting your works(s) to the Encyclopedia of Earth (“EoE”) pursuant to the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/) with the understanding that the EoE will thereafter publish you works (and may be modified) pursuant to that same license.
2. And, you have read and understand all the terms of the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/legalcode).