Dr. Ajay Singh Nagpure is Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering at North Carolina State University, Raleigh (NC) USA. He earned his PhD in “Modeling of Urban Traffic Emissions” from Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee a premier technological institution of India. He has wide ranging experience in the field of environmental research. He started his research career with India’s leading research institutes Zoological Survey of India and Wildlife Institute of India. After that he joined as a Research Fellow in Civil Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee under the project entitled “Megacities and Global Change: An integrated study of South Asian megacities emission and their local-to-global impacts on air quality and climate” sponsored by Max Planck Society, Germany. Currently he is keen to explore his research in the field of Landfill Gas Modeling and Energy System Modeling in order to cost- effectively mitigate climate change. Also he is very much interested in the area of megacities, air pollution; traffic emissions; atmospheric emissions and climate change and health issues.
His important published papers are:
- Nagpure, A.S., Gurjar, B.R., Lelieveld,J., Development and Evaluation of Vehicular Air Pollution Inventory Model, Atmospheric Environment (Accepted)
- Kumar, P., Gurjar, B.R., Nagpure, A., Harrison, R.M., 2011. Preliminary estimates of particle number emissions from road vehicles in megacity Delhi and associated health impacts. Environmental Science and Technology.2011, 45, 5514–5521 DOI: 10.1021/es2003183 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es2003183. (Impact Factor 4.825)
- Nagpure, A. S., Gurjar, B. R., Kumar, P.,2011. Impact of altitude on emission rates of ozone precursors from gasoline-driven light-duty commercial vehicles, Atmospheric Environment 45 , 1413-1417, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ article/pii/S1352 231010010526. (Impact Factor 3.226)
- Gurjar, B. R., Nagpure, A. S., Kumar, Prashant, Sahni, Nalin,2010. Pollutant Emissions from Road Vehicles in Mega-City Kolkata, India: Past and Present Trends. Indian Journal of Air Pollution Control, Vol.X No.2 September 2010 pp 18 to 30, mypages.surrey.ac.uk/m01455/Gurjar-Kumar-Kolkata(2011).pdf.
- Gurjar, B.R., Jain, A., Sharma, A., Agarwal, A., Gupta, P., Nagpure, A.S.,Lelieveld, J 2010. Human health risks in megacities due to air pollution, Atmospheric Environment 44 (2010) 4606-4613, doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.08.011, http://www.sciencedirect. com/science/article/pii/S1352231010006734. (Impact Factor 3.226)
- Nagpure, A.S., K. Sharma, B.R. Gurjar. Traffic Induced Emission Estimates and Trends (2000-2005) in Megacity Delhi. International Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science. (In Press)
- Shukla, S. K., Nagpure, A. S., Kumar, V., Baby, S., Shrivastava, P., Singh, D., Shukla, R. N., 2008. Impact of dust emission on plant vegetation of vicinity of Cement Plant” Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, 7,1, 31-35 2008 http://omicron.ch.tuiasi.ro/EEMJ/pdfs/vol7/no1 /8%20Kumar.pdf (Impact Factor 1.435)
- Chandra, K., Sharma, R.C., Nagpure Ajay, Nema, D.K., Reptiles of Kanha Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh, Records of the Zoological Survey of India, 108 (Part-4):49-83,2008.