The International Commission on History of Meteorology (ICHM) is an official commission of the International Union of History and Philosophy of Science (IUHPS). The aims of the ICHM include:
- to promote the scholarly study of the history of meteorology, climatology, and related sciences including their social and cultural aspects;
- to facilitate international cooperation, communication, and friendship between historians and scientists;
- to organize symposia at the International Congresses of History of Science, to sponsor or co-sponsor other meetings of similar character, and to disseminate the proceedings of these meetings;
- to promote identification, collection, preservation, and access to historical materials;
- to encourage the compilation of international historical bibliography;
- to support the broader goals of the DHS, IUHPS, and ICSU (International Council of Scientific Unions).
The ICHM publishes the peer-reviewed journal History of Meteorology.
ICHM and History of Meteorology homepage
International Union of History and Philosophy of Science (IUHPS) homepage