Data on the oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico
Department of the Interior / Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE)
- Federal Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Production Statistics (.xls) - By month and summarized annually, 2001-2009. Outer Continental Shelf consists of Gulf of Mexico, Pacific and Alaska regions.
- Oil and Gas Well Drilling on Federal Offshore Leases Since 1960 (.xls) - Well and borehole are used interchangeably in these data, and no distinction is made between exploration and production well drilling in the figures.
- All Lease Offerings in the Gulf of Mexico, Outer Continental Shelf Region (.xls) - All lease offerings since 1954, including data on number of tracts and acres offered, bid on, and dollar amounts.
- Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Operators (.xls) - Top ten oil and gas producers in the OCS region in CY 2008, ranked by volume.
- Gulf of Mexico OCS Incidents (.xls) - Incidents and spills by category (i.e. fatalities, injuries, fires, etc.) from 2006-2010.